Work With Us
At Adaptable by Design, we believe our overall wellbeing is linked to our connection with nature. As natural beings, we are designed to adapt to various physical and mental stressors. In the current personal, workplace and community climates, we sometimes struggle to recognise a decline in our wellbeing and identify the thought viruses and triggers leading us to become stressed, anxious and burned out.
Our programmes and services keep in focus our natural ability to adapt. This allows you to reconnect to your natural self and establish new patterns of thought and behaviour that work for you. In doing so, you develop strategies to overcome your unique problems, build resiliency and elevate your wellbeing. This is truly nature designed wellbeing.
Personal Wellbeing Development
- Enrich personal life
- Improve health and wellness
- Blueprint for continued wellbeing
- Achieve goals
- Build skills
- Gain confidence
- Improve relationships
Forest Bathing & Workshops
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Reduce anxiety
- Develop focus
- Develop self-compassion
- Build social skills
Workplace Wellbeing Development
- 1:1 and group coaching
- DISC personality profiles
- Improve communication & performance
- Enhance employee wellbeing
- Develop business agility
- Adopt a stewardship culture for a strong future
- Build workplace wellbeing blueprint
Climate Action Coaching
- Address employee values
- Learn advantages of climate action
- Develop climate action procedures
- Reduce personal and professional impact on environment
- Improve place in community
Community Wellbeing Development
- Support diversity
- Practice cultural humility
- Build a vibrant social network
- Support a robust natural environment
- Elevate community wellbeing
- Develop climate action practices
- Identify natural wellbeing locations
- Support the need for diversity and flexibility
- Sustain community wellbeing
- Encourage economic development
- Improve local livelihood
Nature Connectedness = The relationship between a person and the rest of nature. An individual’s sense of their relationship with the natural world. A relationship with nature that brings pro-nature behaviours and improved mental wellbeing.
Senses – tuning into nature through the senses increases our observation.
Emotion – feeling alive through the emotions and feelings nature brings.
Beauty – noticing the beauty of nature encourages us to notice our own.
Meaning – nature brings meaning to our lives, inspiring us to live well.
Compassion – caring and taking action for nature develops self compassion.
Why does this matter?
Our health and wellbeing are tied to the health of the natural world. Decreasing biodiversity, reduction of greenspace and climate change are severe results our actions have on the natural environment. In turn, the consequence has a significant impact on us.
- Increased happiness and pleasure,
- Increased sense of self and purpose,
- Greater ability to manage emotions and mental wellbeing,
- And, because of their deep connection to nature, they show more pro-environmental behavior, like reducing their carbon footprint and helping wildlife.
As our greenspace has declined, so has our wellbeing. Greenspace is associated with reduced levels of depression, anxiety and fatigue and can enhance quality of life. It also has health benefits and can help keep a healthier weight and lower levels of cardiovascular disease.
We have an opportunity to take actions that will lead to better lives for all. Every one of us can make a difference. ActNow is the UNs campaign for individual action. Download the AWorld app now to learn what you can do to take climate action.